Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Experience in Finance

I started working in finance a little bit by chance... like most of the things in life.

In 1992 I started my IT engineering studies in the EPFL - the swiss federal institute of technologies in Lausanne and, after having already done an IT degree, I was awfully bored by the courses' content so I desperatly needed to do something else.

One of my friends was working for a small company called Sibelius Informatique in Geneva who did portfolio management software. I started there as a trainee and so got in touch with finance.

In 1996, after having completed my studies at the EPFL I was hired by a consulting company called Linkvest in order to be body shoped but, while waiting on an assignement, they assigned me on the development of the ALM (Asset and Liability Management) dynamic simulation modules of a risk and profitability management system.... and I'm still working on the very same software 10 years later! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home







View Walter Wartenweiler's profile on LinkedIn